Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Beginning of The Experiences of a Lifetime

So I find myself going back and forth on what to write in this blog. I sit here and read blogs such as The Happy Medic, 999medic, The Life of an Ambulance Driver, and Jeramedic to name a few(I would hate to leave so many influences out of this post). I notice that most of the them have been in this field for years. Now when I write these following posts I obviously will not be drawing on years of experience, but I believe I will be bringing a different side of EMS to the table.

Everyone around the blogosphere is talking about EMS 2.0 and what it will bring and I think it is apporiate that as I write this portion of this post that I am listening to Bob Dylan's - The Times They Are a-Changin'. It is true as I read from everyone from the EMS Probie like myself to to the Paramedic, then on up to the Chiefs in charge of the Emergency personel all the way to the ER professionals. All these people show that change is in the air and I am glad that I can be apart of it.

I just started in the EMS field just over a month ago, and this blog will entail my journeys and lessons that I learn along the way of becoming an EMT. It will also contain the things I learn as a Firefighter. Something I have been proud to do for almost 3 years now. Now I do hope i will be writing this not only for myself but for others to learn and also to comment on. So as I learn I will tell everyone my stories.

5 comments:

  1. One of the most valuable things that a service needs is fresh eyes to look at thier current practices.
    Sometimes years served can be the quick way to complacency, so I for one am looking forward to reading your thoughts and opinions as you move forward in your Career.

    Welcome to the EMS blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You talk about lack of experience, but in some ways that's a good thing. You don't need to change old habits or learn new skills because it's all new. And you are starting at a great time. From this moment on every new provider is a part of EMS 2.0, even if they don't realize it.

    Good luck and be patient. Looking forward to your next post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the big top! Please keep your hand and feet inside at all times and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see another newbie :) Welcome aboard! I'm looking forward to reading your posts about how things get starting with EMS. I graduate uni in November and can't wait to get out there.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete